As states have become deeply engaged in apprenticeship expansion, we’ve identified five elements that are positioning states for success. The first element is State Leadership and Policy.
State leaders play a critical role in successful apprenticeship expansion, both by communicating and managing to a strong vision for expansion and by providing organizational support for expansion efforts. They focus attention on the approach, develop policies that expand apprenticeship, and align organizational structures across the state to promote apprenticeship expansion.
Additional information on this element and the other four elements can be found in the Elements of Effective Apprenticeship Expansion document. Other resources related to state leadership and policy are available via these resource pages:
- Apprenticeship Promising Practices: Aligning State Systems and Partnerships
- Funding Sources for Registered Apprenticeship Programs
- Apprenticeship Expansion: Post-Secondary Educational Alignment and Workforce System Partnership
- Apprenticeship and WIOA Performance Outcomes
- Eligible Training Provider Sponsor Fact Sheet
- Apprenticeship Sponsors as Eligible Training Providers