As states have become deeply engaged in apprenticeship expansion, we’ve identified five elements that are positioning states for success. The third element is Capacity to Launch, Develop, and Manage Programs.
In order to launch, develop, and manage apprenticeship expansion programs, states are building staff and organizational capacity by distributing staff across the state, strengthening collaboration between federal Office of Apprenticeship (OA) staff and state staff, partnering with intermediaries, and using technology to provide access to information.
Additional information on this element and the other four elements can be found in the Elements of Effective Apprenticeship Expansion document. Other resources related to capacity to launch, develop, and manage programs are available via these resource pages:
- State Apprenticeship Expansion Promising Practices: State Capacity to Develop, Launch, and Manage Programs
- A Quick-Start Toolkit: Building Registered Apprenticeship Programs
- Registered Apprenticeship 101 Bootcamp
- Apprenticeship Partnership Models in Action
- Example Apprenticeship Standards and Work Processes
- Supporting the Apprenticeship Ecosystem in an Economic Downturn: Apprentices and Sponsors
- A Step-by-step Guide to Designing and Launching a Successful Apprenticeship Program