As states have become deeply engaged in apprenticeship expansion, we have identified five elements that are positioning states for success. The fourth element is Development of an Apprenticeship Pipeline and Steps to Increase Diversity.
As apprenticeship opportunities grow, states are taking steps to ensure that all workers and job seekers have access to apprenticeship opportunities. Their approaches include improving access to information about available apprenticeships, increasing access to quality pre-apprenticeship programs, partnering with trusted organizations to reach underrepresented populations, and engaging with business representatives in outreach and candidate recruiting.
Additional information on this element and the other four elements can be found in the Elements of Effective Apprenticeship Expansion document. Other resources related to development of a pipeline and steps to increase diversity are available via these resource pages:
- State Apprenticeship Expansion Promising Practices: Apprenticeship Pipelines and Diversity
- Apprenticeship Promising Practices: Growing and Diversifying the Pipeline of Apprentices
- Outreach to Apprentices
- Marketing and Outreach for Apprenticeship
- Outreach to Youth & Parents
- Apprenticeship Outreach Tool
- Expanding Apprenticeship to Under-Represented Populations
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Resource Page in the Apprenticeship Community
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion in Apprenticeship – Apprenticeship.gov
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion in Apprenticeship & WBL - JFF