Congratulations on receiving your Apprenticeship State Expansion grant from the Department of Labor’s (DOL) Employment and Training Administration (ETA). We recognize that administering grants can be an overwhelming responsibility. The resources and information on this page are designed to help you succeed in this vitally important assignment.
- Apprenticeship State Expansion (ASE) Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) – This document offers answers to general grant questions and several specific topics, including allowable and required grant activities, grant performance and outcomes, reporting requirements, and more. Grantees are encouraged to review the FAQ documents for content relevant to their work and contact their Federal Project Officer (FPO) if they have any other questions or concerns.
- ASE Grantee Orientation – This webinar recording and the related materials provide information about how to read your grant agreement, whom to contact with questions, how to develop a modification request, and more to support your success.
- ETA Grantee Handbook – This handbook is a useful tool to effectively manage your grant and navigate the timelines and processes required by an ETA grant. It contains guidance about grant requirements and timelines, information to help you prepare for various stages of grant management, and other ETA resources.
- The Uniform Guidance (2 CFR Part 200 and 2 CFR Part 2900) – This links to the Uniform Administrative Requirements, Cost Principles and Audit Requirements for Federal Awards (2 CFR 200), otherwise known as the Uniform Guidance, and the DOL Exceptions to the Uniform Guidance (2 CFR 2900). All grants are required to be in compliance with these regulations.
- The SMART 3.0 Grants Management Training – This series of training modules focuses on strategies for administering grants around monitoring, accountability, risk mitigation and transparency. They are designed to promote better management of ETA grants and improve program success, while remaining in compliance with the Uniform Guidance.
- Grant Reporting Resources – This website provides an overview of grant fiscal and performance reporting requirements. Additional reporting resources can also be found on the Grant Reporting resource page on the ASE CoP.
- ETA Core Monitoring Guide – The Core Monitoring Guide is a tool used by Federal Project Officers and other federal staff performing on-site reviews of a grant recipient’s core activities.
- Revisions to Uniform Guidance Webinar and Requirements – In Fall 2020, OMB released revisions to Uniform Administrative Requirements, Cost Principles, and Audit Requirements for Federal Awards (also known as the Uniform Guidance) along with other updated policies affecting grants and cooperative agreements.